At present, great changes have taken place in China. With rapid economic growth and social development, social contradictions becomes much more common and such bad social mentality as restlessness ,
violence, coldness, flicker, etc. is becoming more and more obvious, these adverse trends are also reflected in primary and middle school students’ education.
Beijing takes a lead in economic and social development, in scientific and technological development in China. New technology and new methods are common in Beijing’s primary and middle school.
Although multimedia technology and network technology, electronic terminal equipment can improve students’ learning effectively, they also reduce face-to-face contacts and interactions and cause
adverse effect to student's emotion, so there exists "alienation of technology" problem.
In this study, the primary and middle school students' physical activity questionnaire, POMS (Chinese version) and social support rating table (SSRs) are adopted in the investigation on 1782 primary
and middle school students from 40 classes of 7 schools in Beijing.
This study is divided into 4 dimensions of survey and multivariate statistical analysis.
1. Information and network technology- high-tech education environment and traditional education environment.
2. Age-high grade primary school age group (10 - 13) and junior (13 - 16).
3. Sport participation- collective sports activities and individual sports activities.
4. School community or interest groups and other social organizations participation- sports societies, art societies, music clubs or non clubs.
1. TMD (emotional confusion score) of primary and middle school students in high technology equipment environment is higher than that of the traditional teaching environment (P<0.01).
2. There are significant differences among primary and middle school students of different age groups (P<0.01). TMD scores increase by age.
3. Social support levels and TMD score showed no significant differences among team sports and individual sports participation. And there are significant differences in terms of tension, depression
and self-esteem (P < 0.01).
4. Social support level of students who participate in the school society is higher than that of ordinary students (P<0.01); there are no significant differences of social support level for
participants in sports clubs, art club and music club.
Effect of age on primary and middle school students’ mental state comes both from academic pressure and also teaching environment. Sports activities especially collective sports activities play a very
important role in teenager’s socialization and individual self-esteem development. Besides, sports activities can eliminate the adverse effects of technology alienation in network era. Sports
activities participation can help to improve students' self-esteem and social support level.